Tricks & Techniques for Daily-Wear Make-up
Tricks & Techniques for Daily-Wear Make-up
Firstly I would like to tell you all, that why we all lovely girls and ladies love to do make up. Make up is used for various reasons but I personally feel that make up enhances natural features and helps in obtaining one’s best ever appearance & builds-up self confidence. As we all know that we all young girls & ladies strongly like to believe that first appearance should be our lasting appearance on any one, be it’s an interview or a date or just a random outing with friends. We women feel more confident, competent and ready to face the world & put their best foot forward with it & it’s fun too & who does not wants to look pretty & youthful!!!
In ancient days in Egypt Ladies used to apply shoot as their part of grooming for eyes and in Japan women used to use rice powder on their face, so this whole make up thing was started long back but of course today techniques of make-up has changed completely
Most of us start wearing light make-up in our senior secondary classes (11th or 12th) or in college as we start becoming conscious & aware about our looks and start applying Kohl and tinted lip balm or sometimes foundation & hint of blush on cheeks etc.
Now I would share some of the lessons & tricks that I have learnt from my make up mistakes:
- First step for any kind of make-up is to prepare the face for make-up & that is to use primer on the face before applying anything. This helps in providing a base for the make-up. The primer must be used by all skin types, be it oily face or dry face. The primer must be selected depending on your skin type. For dry skin select a primer which has moisturizing effect and for oily skin type like mine, select a primer which has salicylic acid as one of its components as this gives a matte finish and also absorbs excess oil. Try to get one which has SPF to avoid sun tanning.
- Next step is applying foundation: It comes in different consistency like, Cream, Liquid (little runny), Mousse, Powder (Loose or Compact) etc. The basic funda of applying foundation is to even out the face and hide out the blemishes or pimple marks or any hyper pigmented area on face. I personally feel that on daily basis college goers can use some pigmented compact powder in spite of using primer and then foundation because sometimes it looks over the top for students on daily basis, but fine for any occasion. I love applying compact powder by a Kabuki Brush rather than sponge/cloth applicator as it gives an air brush feel. Now I must mention the common mistake done by many while choosing foundation. We tend to choose a foundation by applying it on our hands/ back of the palm but that is a huge blunderous mistake. And I have seen many doing so. In fact some Sales Assistants also make the same mistake while helping customers to buy the true match for their skin tone. The trick is to check your true color by applying it on your face our under your cheek bones or on your neck. This is because generally the skin color of the hands and face are quite different. I understand that sometimes checking it on your face or neck becomes little uncomfortable but trust me it’s better to do it on face rather than wearing a wrong tone foundation on your face and look like a clown or a grey face.
- Next is applying Blush: Blushes are applied on the apples of the cheeks. You can see them on smiling. While smiling this is the part of the cheek which puffs out. You must apply blush on the apples either by making a smile on face or by sucking cheeks inside. There are various types of blushes available in market like powder based blush or cream based blush or pigmented blush sticks, Matte finish blush or shimmery blush. Cream based blushes are generally applied by fingers only. Powder based blushes can be applied by angled blush brush. Generally pink or peach coloured blushes are most suited and mostly preferred blush by ladies.
- Next is the most significant feature of face- “EYES”: There are several ways to style your eyes and make them look appealing & beautiful. Applying kohl on the edges of the eyelids is the most common way used by most of the women. What I feel is applying Kohl Eye pencils looks more natural than liquid liners. In fact one can make smoky eye look by pencil kohl. It just needs 1 Q-tip/ Cotton Swab/ Ear Bud. After applying the pencil kohl on the edges of the upper eyelid, by the help of the Q-tip one can smudge out the kohl evenly and the smoky eye look is achieved. I think that comfort of applying eye shadow is with our lovely ladies. And earthy metallic colors are the most sought ones. My personal favorites are bronze, shimmery champagne, dark grey etc. Applying mascara also helps in accentuating the eyes. A water-proof mascara works well during monsoon also in summers too as it won’t drain down your cheeks while enjoying sudden monsoon pour down or during sweaty days in summers. Now the concealer, I would like to consider it under eye section only. I personally prefer using a shade lighter than my foundation for concealing dark circles as it gives little awakening look. And most importantly using a yellow based concealer must be preferred in spite of pink under toned ones as the later gives a grayish look and that is not at all appreciable.
- Now the Lips: The key for beautiful looking lips is to keep it healthy. For healthy lips one must always moisturize lips and exfoliate it on regular intervals. Applying Glycerin on lips while going to sleep helps in moisturizing it & to an extent also helps in correcting the pigmented lips. One can use coarsely grinded sugar (or bhura in hindi) with some olive oil to exfoliate the lips. Exfoliation helps in removing the dry skin cells from Lips. It also plumps up the lips little (my experience). Now applying color on the lips needs applying little moisturizing cream first. There are different types of lip colors to be applied on lips like lip sticks, lip glosses, lip liners, tinted lip balms etc. My personal favorite is applying tinted lip balms for daily wear. Frankly speaking I don’t like using bright colored lip liners at the edges of lips and hate the sticky feeling of the lip glosses all the time around my lips. I like using Matte lip sticks and generally my color preference is towards nudes with pink under tones. My lovely ladies can use nude lip liners for contouring the lips and fill them with their favorite color lip sticks. One can give a final touch of transparent gloss for a shiny effect.
- Well all in all blending the make up to avoid any kind of sharp lines/ sudden color change on face is the key for having a nice make up. For that one must apply translucent powder with kabuki brush, it helps in setting the make-up.
So that’s all about basic make-up tricks & techniques. Hope you guys like it. If you have any suggestions do let me know & if you have any query mail me @ email@example.com or you can contact me on FB: https://www.facebook.com/sauravi.dutta
See ya lovely ladies and beautiful babes!!!
This is Sauravi Dutta signing off