Tricks to get interview letter
1. Read the ad, job requirements four times and make your resume matching to that. If you do not match and even then want to apply….say upfront….i do not qualify but better choice due to my experience of this job
2. Covering letter…. do not use Standard English phrases…they have no value….come directly and in few lines include your strength.
3. Realize HR Manager has to see hundreds of letters in limited time and decide to call interview…..so stand out—show them what you’ve got, and why you matter. Be audacious, be brave, be confident.
4. In the email subject line include your name, the job role you’re applying for, and any special references the job ad asks you to include..no other details
5. Covering letter to include:
a. Start with a greeting, by name.
b. Tell them why you want to work for the business in a sentence or two. Be enthusiastic and direct.
c. Explain your value to the company
d. Tell them how you are going to solve their problems and how you’re uniquely placed to do so.
e. Highlight the three or four key points together with supporting facts.
f. Explain exactly how you will contribute to the company, tell them what you will do. Use your research on the business to support these statements.
g. Remember to sell yourself, it’s fine to be slightly audacious.
h. Don’t be afraid to ask questions—the best cover letters often start a conversation.
i. You can use links and URLs in your email if they add useful additional context.
j. Don’t just repeat what’s on your resume.
k. Ask for an interview, be bold.
l. Close with a thank you and tell them when you will follow-up.